The Board of Christian Education oversees and coordinates all education activities of the Church including Children's Church, Confirmation Class, various youth activities and fellowships, and adult education programs. For more information, please email the board at: ChristianEducation@norfield.org.
Vacation Bible School: Monday, April 16th - Friday, April 20th - 9:00 am - 12noon
Location: Norfield Church Campus
What is Vacation Bible School?
- VBS is a summer outreach program focused on giving kids a fun and creative place to learn about the Bible, make new friends and grow existing friendships.
- A specialized form of religious education through a week long program during the summer utilizing Bible study, religious song, worship, arts and crafts, and other activities.
- 8:45am - 9:00am arrival and go to pod meeting locations
- 9:00am - Gather as a whole group separated by pods. Welcome, prayer, any daily updates, and sing a song
- 9:10am - Go to first assigned station
- 9:40am - Move to second station
- 10:10am - Snack break
- 10:20am - Move to third station
- 10:50am - Move to fourth station
- 11:20am - Move to fifth station
- 11:50am - Gather as a whole group separated by pods, sing a song, prayer, goodbye
- 12:00pm - 12:10 Parents pick up children
Children will rotate through each station each day. Activities change each day for each station.
- Station 1: Arts and crafts
- Station 2: Sports
- Station 3: Games
- Station 4: STEM
- Station 5: Writing
Christian Education Lending Library!
Dear Norfield Parents,
We are reaching out to you as treasured parents of young children (Grades K-8) in response to recent nationwide events of racial bias and violence which defy explanation especially to those with Christian hearts who embrace the teachings of Jesus. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important command." The second is like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:37-39
Remember that you are never alone; you have a strong and supportive church family here at Norfield Congregational Church. We encourage you to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. We will continue to reach out to you with resources, online classes and new, engaging programs designed to help during these testing times. We are in this together.
The following educational resources have been reviewed and recommended by our CE Board. We hope you find them helpful and healing as you work to teach your children that "we are all made by God and that we must stand tall against racism by standing up for each other and for ourselves."
Stay Safe and Hold Fast to your Faith,
Webinar Video: Raising Anti-racist Children sponsored by the Southern New England Conference of the UCC
Click on link above, scroll down to free access on Face Book and click link.
Phenomenal Girl by Meena Harris
Christian education for children through 8th Grade is offered each Sunday during the worship hour. Teaching is done by adult volunteers, usually working in teams.
9th Graders explore their faith and the meaning of church membership as they work with the Senior and Associate Minister to prepare to join the congregation as adult members. Adult volunteers serve through the confirmation year and beyond in one-on-one support for each confirmand.
The Church offers Weekly Bible Study programs, special guest lectures, and other offerings such as the Congregation and Community Conversation Series. Please contact the church office for more information.
This new offering is a mini-series offered from time to time: a Sunday morning breakfast fellowship for all ages, followed by exploration of a variety of topics with something for everyone.