While Connecticut’s COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, we request that all those attending Norfield events, whether indoors or outdoors, please continue to respect yours and other’s health and welfare by following Connecticut guidelines for COVID safety.
- This event has passed.
Palm Sunday Live Service Canceled due to Inclement Weather. Join Us Online at 10am!
Sunday, March 28 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join our first live in-person service this year!
***Dearest Norfielders, Due to the incoming inclement weather, we regret having to cancel today's outdoor Palm Sunday service, however we look forward to seeing you and your families at our Good Friday service, April 2nd at 12noon and on Easter Sunday, April 4th at 10:00am. Both services will be in-person and online. Palm fronds are available in front of the church office. God's Peace and Blessings to you and your families.
Please join us this coming Palm Sunday for our first live, in-person worship services of the year! Services will be held in-person on the front lawn of the Church on Sunday, March 28th at 10:00am.
- There is in-person seating available on the front lawn in front of the sanctuary
- Congregants are kindly asked to RSVP for in-person worship services by licking on the big blue buttons below
- Please bring your own lawn seating
- Attendance from seating within parked cars is also available, with audio of the services available in your car
Reverend Dr. Bernard R. Wilson and Pastor Thomas C. Burke, Jr.
ORDER OF WORSHIP
- Opening Hymn
- Words of Welcome and Announcements
- Pastoral Prayer and Lord's Prayer
- Children's Sermon
- Scripture Readings
- Sermonic Hymn
- Invitation to Giving
- Musical Offering
- Closing Hymn
- Outdoor services are 40 minutes long, taking place on the front lawn directly in front of the sanctuary.
- Please reserve tickets in advance for you and your family (use the ticket form below)
- Services offer lawn seating (please bring your own seating*) or parked car seating. Please make your selection when you reserve your ticket(s) below.
- Spaces for individuals and families will be marked in the grass, 12 feet apart.
- Attendees are required to wear face masks and maintain proper social distance of six feet at all times.*
- Offering boxes will be found near the sanctuary for our traditional Sunday offerings.
- A recording of each Sunday's services will also available for viewing on YouTube after 10:00 am on Sundays.
- In the event of rain, the service will be canceled. If rain threatens, notification of cancellation will go out via email by 8:00 am on Sunday.
*Please read the following important health message from the church:
IMPORTANT · PLEASE NOTE
Due to the risks of the pandemic, anyone who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past month, or has a higher risk of serious illness or underlying conditions is strongly discouraged from attending. Feel free to view our online services instead.
All attendees are required to read this informed consent. Clicking the ticket button below confirms you have read this COVID-19 Informed Consent Statement and accept the risk of attending this worship:
COVID-19 is a serious and highly communicable disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Although Norfield Congregational Church asks all attendees to observe certain precautions, there is no assurance of protection from exposure to COVID-19 at Norfield worship services. The risk of exposure to COVID-19 is voluntarily assumed by all attendees.
Make your own Palm Cross!
Pick up a palm frond from the church, and make your own Palm Cross! Just follow the directions in the diagram below (you can download the PDF for off-line viewing), or watch the step-by-step YouTube video below. Palm fronds will be available for pickup in front of the church office, beginning at 12 noon on Friday, March 26th, and available all-day Saturday.
Watch our Easter Sunday Services online
Online services will also be viewable starting at 10am on Sunday, by visiting the Norfield Congregational Church's YouTube channel here.
Here's the handy diagram on how to make your own Palm Cross! Click to download the PDF... (or watch the useful how-to YouTube video below on creating your very own Palm cross from a palm leaf!).