Deacons’ note: Norfield Church welcomes and encourages all congregants to join us for in-person worship in the Norfield Sanctuary. The Holy Spirit is truly alive at Norfield, and fills our Sanctuary every Sunday as we join our hearts together in prayer, music, faith and devotion to Jesus Christ. Please feel free to wear a mask if you choose; we will also provide masks to those who need one. To learn the latest about Connecticut’s COVID-19 guidelines, visit: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid-19-Knowledge-Base/Latest-COVID-19-Guidance.
In the interest of serving the needs of our entire Norfield community, we will continue to livestream our Worship Services on our YouTube channel.
- This event has passed.
9:00 am Sunday Homecoming Services
Sunday, September 20, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 9:20 amFree
9 am Homecoming Service Tickets
(For tickets for the 10 am Homecoming Service, click here)
Please join us on Sunday, September 20th, 2020, for our first live event since the start of the shutdown. Due to Connecticut's restrictions on outdoor gatherings, space is extremely limited. We anticipate this event will sell out quickly: please reserve tickets as soon as possible using the form below. The event will not be open to those without tickets reserved in advance.
There will be two separate 20-minute services, one at 9:00 am and one at 10:00 am. The 10:00 am service will include a Children's Sermon. Please reserve tickets (for either lawn seating or seated in your nearby parked car) only for the service you plan to attend. At the end of the earlier 9:00 am service, attendees be will asked to vacate as quickly as possible to help us set up for those joining the 10:00 am service.
- There will be two separate services
- Reserve tickets here for the 9:00 am service using the form below
- Reserve tickets for the 10:00 am service by clicking here
- Tickets are limited and will be reserved on a first-come first-served basis
- Each service will offer limited lawn seating (please bring your own seating) and limited parked car seating.
Reverend Dr. Bernard R. Wilson and Pastor Thomas C. Burke, Jr.
ORDER OF WORSHIP
- Gathering Music
- Words of Welcome
- Pastoral Prayer and Lord's Prayer*
- Scripture Reading
*The 10:00 am service will include a Children's Sermon
- The event will take place on the front lawn directly in front of the sanctuary.
- Seating will not be provided — please bring your own lawn chair(s)!
- Each service will be 20 minutes in length.
- Tickets are limited to 50 people for lawn seating (children under 5 years old do not need tickets).
- In addition, there will be 25 parking spaces set aside for congregants to observe and listen to services while remaining in their automobiles. Please leave windows open and engines off.
- Please follow all posted signs and directions from the ushers.
- All outdoor attendees are required to wear a mask and maintain proper social distance of six feet at all times.*
- To accommodate space restrictions, both events will start promptly at the top of the hour. We ask attendees to not linger or socialize between services. Instead, please join us for our regular Sunday Virtual Coffee Hour, 12:00 noon–12:30 pm.
- There will be offering boxes placed near the sanctuary for Sunday offerings.
- A recorded Homecoming service will be available on YouTube.
- The church's regular Sunday services will also available for viewing on YouTube at 10:00 am.
- If you reserve ticket(s) and cannot attend, please notify Teri at firstname.lastname@example.org as quickly as possible, we will have a long wait list.
- Rain date is Sunday, September 27th, 2020. No additional reservation is necessary, but please contact us if you cannot make it, we will have a long wait list.
*Please read the following important health message from the church:
IMPORTANT · PLEASE NOTE
Due to the risks of the pandemic, anyone who has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the past month, or has a higher risk of serious illness or underlying conditions is strongly discouraged from attending. Feel free to view our online services instead.
All attendees are required to read this informed consent. Clicking the ticket button below confirms you have read this COVID-19 Informed Consent Statement and accept the risk of attending this worship:
COVID-19 is a serious and highly communicable disease. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Although Norfield Congregational Church asks all attendees to observe certain precautions, there is no assurance of protection from exposure to COVID-19 at Norfield worship services. The risk of exposure to COVID-19 is voluntarily assumed by all attendees.
RESERVE TICKETS BELOW